Learning English with The X Factor…Posted: April 17, 2011
Can’t be bothered to read the blog? Get the worksheet here.
Like so many, I have a love/hate relationship with The X-factor and Britain’s Got Talent. I like watching it… but I hate watching it. I’ll leave any descriptions as to how bad it is and how it is destroying the music business to those with more fire in their belly. I’m only concerned with how we can use it to teach English.
Here’s the lesson.
1. Talk about the x -factor / Britain’s Got Talent / Pop Idol. It’s all over the world and in every country. Dictate these questions.
– Do you have the x factor,or something similar, in your country?
– Do you like it? Why?
– Would you go on the x factor?
– Do you think it’s good or bad for young people to go on the x-factor?
2. Students read about the show and them fill in the worksheet about giving feedback. Get the worksheet here https://chrisspeck.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/britains-got-talent-lesson-plan.doc
3.Play some songs from youtube – students watch them and then comment on them very much like the judges in the show. You might also like to give students a card or a book which they can hold up when they are sick of watching the presentation.