Top Five IELTS books – for teachersPosted: May 19, 2016
Teaching IELTS? An old pro? A newbie? Here are my top five books for teaching IELTS.
1. Instant IELTS – Guy Brook Hart
- Great worksheets for different levels
- Activities for listening, reading, speaking and listening
- 2 complete exams
- Brilliant teacher’s notes – perfect for beginner IELTS tutors!
2. IELTS Resource Pack – Jon Marks
Really wonderful activities and worksheets that prevent students from getting bored.
- Interesting and engaging communicative activities
- Great listening section that uses information from the students themselves
- Great book to dip in and out of and support a bigger course
3. Cambridge Vocabulary for IELTS
Broken into sections that deal with various topics, Cambridge Vocab for IELTS is an extremely useful book. You can use the worksheets in class but they’re a bit traditional, so they’re better for homework.
- Lots of focused vocab learning
- Great academic vocabulary section at the back.
4. Cambridge Objective IELTS
This is an intermediate course book that you could work through with your students. Some of the readings are a bit dull (but then IELTS readings generally are) and some of the activities aren’t very engaging BUT, there are some really good exam sections that explain how different parts of the exam work.
- Really good exam technique sections
- Lots of activities to keep students busy
5. Teach yourself IELTS: Reading – Richard L King
- Simple and valuable techniques to develop reading
- Great for homework or self study
- Simple and easy to use
What other IELTS resources do you use? Leave a comment!!