My top five IELTS books – for studentsPosted: May 20, 2016
If you want to do well in the IELTS exams, invest in some good books. They may be expensive but, good quality books can always be resold on eBay or at your college or university. Better still – get one of these out of the library!
1. IELTS Trainer
- Brilliant step by step guide
- Answers clearly explained
- Quite difficult BUT the IELTS exam is DIFFICULT
- Expensive but worth it!
2. The IELTS series (1-10)
Probably the most famous IELTS books in the world!
- These books are full of exams and answers
- They don’t explain HOW or WHY about the answers
- A good way to start studying for IELTS exams
- Some nice samples of student writing at the back of each book.
3. Cambridge Official IELTS exams
- Step by step instructions on each part of the exam
- Lots of material and activities to do
- Great listening sections
- Quite DIFFICULT
4. Official IELTS practice materials
- IELTS exams that are on A4 paper!
- Authentic practise papers
- Not much help with technique here
- A great place to start your IELTS studies
5. Teach yourself IELTS reading – Richard L King
- Simple and valuable techniques to develop reading.
- Great value for money!
- Good synonym and antonym sections at the back
Know any more good books for IELTS. We’d love to hear from you!